Last Updated 1/30/2023
Who We Are
Our website address is: https://www.voodoodoughnutshop.com.
Our company name is: Voodoo Doughnut, LLC
We can be contacted via our Contact Page or by Mail at 828 SW 1st Ave., Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204, United States.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at voodoodoughnutshop.com, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through voodoodoughnut.com (our “Website” or "Webstore") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us using our Contact Page.
Information we collect and why we collect it
We collect information about you when you fill in one of our contact or inquiry forms. When you visit our Website or fill out one of our forms, we track:
- IP address and browser type: we use this to better understand and serve our customers.
- Personal information like name, email, and phone number
We use this information to:
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have.
- Improve our store offerings.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not use this information for marketing purposes.
Our Contact Form collects your name, email address, and phone number (optional).
When you submit a form, we collect your first and last names, email address, and phone number. We use this information to respond to your request(s). The information collected on these forms is processed and stored in secure databases owned by Voodoo Doughnut LLC. We use the submitted information only to provide customer service and to respond to requests. We do not use this information for any marketing purposes. When you submit these forms, you are giving active consent for us to retain this data so that we can contact you about your request.
Our website is powered by Shopify.
For information regarding Shopify's policies, please visit their legal page.
Embedded content from other websites
Some pages on this Website may include embedded content such as YouTube videos or images from Facebook or Instagram. Embedded content from these sites behaves in the same way as if the visitor had visited that website.
How your information is stored and protected
Our website is hosted and maintained by Washington Park Ventures.
Your data is stored through Shopify's data storage, databases, and the general e-commerce application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server which is closely monitored and maintained by Shopify. Additionally, all data transferred to and from the web server is done so through a secured, encrypted connection validated via an SSL certificate.
Who on our team has access
Both Administrators and Washington Park Ventures have access to your data.
Who we share your data with
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment and payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us.
If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
Our Online Store
Our online webstore can be found at https://voodoodoughnutshop.com/.
Our online webstore is hosted and maintained by Washington Park Ventures and is powered by Shopify.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping address.
How you can access your personal information
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you would like to: access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you; register a complaint; or simply want more information, please contact us using our Contact Page or by mail at: Voodoo Doughnut, 828 SW 1st Ave., Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204, United States.
Your State Privacy Rights
If you are a California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, or Utah resident, your state’s laws may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
- Nevada residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of the personal information under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. However, please know we DO NOT sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
- California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, please know we DO NOT disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- California law provides additional rights for California residents. If you are a California resident, please see our CCPA Notice available here.
- Colorado, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
- Colorado and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us using our contact page or by mail at: Voodoo Doughnut, 828 SW 1st Ave., Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204, United States.
If Voodoo Doughnut, LLC is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.